View our Grievance & Disciplinary Information Here.
The process for a parent or guardian to raise concerns is as follows:
- The parent or guardian raises their concern directly to the person involved.
- If the issue is not resolved, they may bring their concern to the individual’s supervisor.
- If the issue is not resolved, they may bring the concern to the Principal.
- If the issue is not resolved, then they may put their concern in writing and give it to the Principal and/or a member of the Board of Trustees, who will forward it to a member of the Grievance Committee of the Board of Trustees. To put their concern in writing and email the Board of Trustees, after following the above steps, email: email@example.com.
- The Grievance Committee will investigate the concern and respond to the parent or guardian in writing. The Grievance Committee will provide the Board of Trustees with a report at the next Board of Trustees meeting.
- If the issue is not resolved, then they may put their concern in writing and give it to the school’s authorizer, the New York City Department of Education. To do so, they can fill out the NYC DOE-Authorized Charter School Complaint Form, which can be accessed at: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document- library/charter-school-complaint-form-english
Upon completing the form, they can email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidance around when a formal complaint is justified is available at the following link: